Friday, September 18, 2009

Welcome!

Hello!

Welcome to our new classroom blog!! I am so excited to use this new technology as a way of communicating with you!


I will be posting the class events and happenings here as well as daily homework. Be sure to check back often.

Today's Homework:
Reading -- 20 minutes

Spelling words:
fever
broken
climate
hotel
basic
vocal
native
silent
labor
spider
label
icon
agent
motive
vital
acorn
item
aroma
legal
solo

Our focus for our spelling words is the long vowel sound.

Vocabulary:
nocturnal
unpleasant
scavengers
bacteria
carnivorous
temper
tantrums
victory
marsupials
mammals

Our vocabulary words are used in the content area. These happen to focus on the Science area.

Spelling and Vocabulary tests for these words are Friday, September 25th.


Feel free to post your thoughts as well...this is your blog too!

4 comments:

  1. Way to Go! I am very impressed with your blog. I know your parents will love it. You are officially a "tekkie".

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA!! Thank you! I know this will be so beneficial for the students and parents. Of course, now I FEEL like a "tekkie"!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Job, Mrs. Gumbs. I love the colors!!!! Really Stands out.

    ReplyDelete